Posted by Jim Barnthouse on January 5, 2018
As a member of Zobrio’s management team, the HR Manager is responsible for planning, implementing and evaluating HR practices and initiatives. The HR Manager has primary responsibility for leading and managing the daily Human Resources function and processes for the organization.
Responsibilities and Duties
Recruiting and Retention
- Aligns Human Resources strategies with company needs: including long term talent acquisition processes, immediate staffing needs, and succession planning, community engagement, communication, and AA/EEO compliance.
- Manages Human Resources procedures, including communication with candidates, conducting interviews, coordination of interview schedules and onboarding of staff to meet the needs of the company; recommends and approves salaries in order to maintain internal equity.
- Reviews promotions, demotions and terminations with management prior to recommended action.
- Works as a partner with management to assess skills and qualifications for ideal candidates
- Develops organization recruiting strategies and identifies Human Resources staffing issues
- Develops and maintains relationships with various sources of candidates to fill positions and projects
- Supports management by providing Human Resources reports on staffing; including the analysis of turnover and open position reports
- Conducts exit interviews of departing staff and summarizes data on a regular basis for senior management.
- Ensures all Zobrio HR recruiting practices comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements and advises management on needed actions.
HR Information Systems and Performance Management
- Utilizes an HRIS system to track and maintain personnel data to be used for payroll, performance management, benefits, compliance and training/development initiatives
- Maintains personnel files
- Utilizes HRIS data to analyze employee engagement, turnover and exit interview data and makes recommendations for changes.
- Responsible for the annual administration of the performance management/evaluation system
- Participates in local/regional/national salary surveys to determine the compensation competitiveness of the agency
- Provides consultation and guidance to managers and senior leaders on critical Human Resources issues related to employee performance issues and standard of conduct concerns
- Ensures progressive discipline processes are administered fair and equitably for all employees including employment terminations.
- In concert with CEO conducts internal investigations in cases of reported harassment and/or other misconduct.
- Works with management to complete necessary research and preparation for state unemployment hearings
Training and Development
- Responsible for coordinating new employee orientation and onboarding.
- Coordinates with program management to ensure employees receive regular training opportunities that are aligned with the logic models of the programs.
- Identifies and coaches staff for job enrichment or potential advancement.
- Leads and facilitates Zobrio’s Employee Recognition Committee in order to recognize and reward employee contributions
Compensation and Benefits
- Annually reviews medical insurance plans, retirement plans and other supplemental insurance products. Makes benefit recommendations that are beneficial to the agency and Zobrio employees.
- Knowledgeable of local/state national laws that may affect benefits and compensation administration
- Assists senior management and board of directors in developing a compensation philosophy for Zobrio
- Ensures that HR practices and record keeping meet all applicable regulatory standards, including but not limited to: COA standards, Missouri licensing regulations, Missouri accreditation standards in addition to local/state/national labor laws
- Manages and reports on areas of HR risk, including: employee accidents/injuries/workers compensation, employee internal grievances and external complaints, and unemployment claims.
- Develops, implements and evaluates internal control systems for Human Resources functions including internal record keeping, employment agreements and subcontracting agreements.
- Communicates Zobrio’s plans/goals while asking for employee input and ideas.
- Tracks and coordinates employee vacation reports and annually reviews employee handbook.
Professionalism and Work Conduct:
- Behaves with integrity and confidentiality and demonstrates high ethical standards, and displays a positive image for Zobrio
- Acts in a professional manner at all times and maintains appropriate boundaries with clients and staff.
- Human Resources initiatives are an indication of the culturally competent program logic models and mission of the company
- Demonstrates accountability for results and keeps commitments to others.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in conferences, educational opportunities and other professional development avenues.
Qualifications and Skills
Education /Job Experience/Certification:
- BA or BS in Human Resources, or related field required.
- PHR or SHRM-SCP designation preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of Human Resources generalist experience required.
Special Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Proficient in various software packages including HRIS systems, Microsoft Office products
- Strong understanding of applicable employment regulations and laws for the State of Missouri.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and uphold ethical standards.
- Demonstrated openness to and respect of cultural and socioeconomic characteristics of families served and staff.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated and directed with the ability to work autonomously, as well as part of a collaborative management team.
- Ability to effectively use technology for data analysis, communication and report writing.
- Car and valid driver’s license and insurance required.
* Zobrio is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Then and Now
From its beginnings as a technology solution provider back in 1987, what Zobrio provided is what has always separated us from thousands of technology companies throughout the years; the exceeding of expectations and delivery of measurable results. Those same principles have driven our growth in both clientele and size.
To this day, Zobrio continues to uphold those values using industry knowledge, technology expertise and business strategy to create solutions for local government, nonprofits and traditional businesses.
Services and Staff
A full service provider of Fund Accounting solutions, Cash Management software, Network Infrastructure and Managed Services, the 30 person Zobrio staff is loaded with true professionals. Many of the financial software team members are Certified Public Accountants, ensuring premium quality implementation, support and training for our clients. As you may guess, every member of our IT and Managed Services team has fully completed all certifications. We think of it as the Zobrio way.
Headquartered in St Louis, Missouri, right in the heart of the Midwest, we’re able to support our clients all across the United States. In fact, with offices in, Boston and Springfield, IL, as well as team members stationed in Indianapolis, Denver, Columbus and Charleston we can handle customers just about anywhere – including Alaska!